Sunday in Chennai



It's Sunday night in Chennai, India.  I stayed away from my hotel room all day to avoid falling asleep.  I should be acclimated to the time change after a good nights rest tonight.  Tomorrow morning I head for the Rising Star Outreach campus.

I started my Sabbath by attending church services at a Christian church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It's the same religion I attend in the US.  I loved the meetings.  We sang a song called Because I have been given much.  I know that song by heart but I heard it differently today.  I sang it in a room full of Indians who live in humble circumstances.  
I thought about how God does give to all people.

 Sunday School
 Relief Society
This is my dear friend!!  Her name is Vanilla Mary.  I met her in 2011.  It was so good to see her at church.  
The LDS Chennai Branch


After church I jumped into a car I thought was returning to the Hotel but instead he was giving others a city tour!  I was happy about that mistake.  We drove along the beach at the Fish Market.  I saw some crazy things...like a DEAD GUY!!!  He was lying on a elevated bench/bed covered from the neck down with a white sheet.  The driver said he must live there and his body is going to be moved to the funeral today.  Life went on as usual as he lay there.






I took some fun video shots from the streets.  They are posted on My Facebook Page called EMber In India.  Check them out.



Comments

  1. What colorful dresses for the Relief Society! And what beautiful women. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts