Sunday, January 29, 2012

Passports or BUST!

In the News Again!
This was printed in our weekly newspaper this week

I've got 19 people in my group now.  Time is running short for my session.  March is right around the corner.  If anyone else joins, passports and visa's will need to be expedited- my family included. 
I was thrilled to learn at church today that a family wants to send their daughter with me!! 

This weekend we worked on getting passports for the kids.  I decided to take my own passport photos instead of paying $10 for each kid.  I'm thinking paying might have been less painful then what I went through.
My first attempt was Sat. morning before basketball games. We wanted to make it to the Post Office to have the applications processed before they closed at noon.
This was my first attempt:

 
I decided to have Abi get one along with the rest of us even though she won't be going this time.  Passports last 10 years- I'm sure it will come in handy.

I got everything printed out with all the kids loaded in the car and were on our way to the post office by 11am.  We had just enough time....or so I thought.
We arrive to find the words:
"Passports processed by appointment only" printed across the door!  GRRRR!  So, we didn't get them done on Sat.
The good news is Sat. afternoon the boys got haircuts!
Round 2!
I try right before church:

They look much better with haircuts but I can't get the color right (Should be white) and AFTER church when I uploaded the photos I found they BOTH have crackers in their teeth!  I know no one else would notice but I couldn't have it!

Round 3!

 knuckle heads!
 Again, I couldn't get a good clear picture (and I call myself a photographer!)

Round 4

The end!


Was it worth it to save $40??  (Note to self: I need to work on White Balance!)


So, tomorrow we venture to the Post Office again in hopes to get Passports!
(I'm thinking it wasn't a good idea to buy non-refundable airline tickets for a family of 6 when none of us have passports and visas- and we leave in less than 60 days!!!  dumb...dumb...dumb.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment