Monday, January 20, 2014

Day 2: I know you.

Monday 20th

Today I took the 2 hour ride out to Rising Star Outreach.  The drive is long but entertaining.  
 See the baby on the bike? SO CUTE...or not??
  I think I like it but only in India
 Today we met the school kids.  They were SO excited to welcome us.
 These kids welcomed us with these necklaces  
 Blessings & incense

 Sidewalk art all over.  This isn't chalk!  It's
rice powder! I love the spelling

 Kids that think taking pictures is a game
 This is Carvia.  She was buddies with my daughter
 random kid that begged me to take his picture...again....again...and again
Mariambi!!  She is my favorite!!  It was so sweet when we met again today.  I literally bumped into her in a doorway.  She stared at me as I stared at her then we recognized each other.  She wrapped her arms around me, buried her head in my chest and cried. She held my hand as we walked but turned her face away to hide the tears.  What a gratifying feeling it was to feel loved by her.

I was surprised that many of the kids recognized me.  Of course I don't know their names nor did they remember mine but they said :"Auntie, you come before many times?"
The kids aren't the ones I left.  It's amazing how quickly they change.


Today felt like 5 days put together.  I am SO tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment