Thursday, July 7, 2011

Faces of Leprosy


Today I worked with the Medical Team again.  We traveled to a small colony called Bharathapurm.  I helped document the patients.  My job was to take a photograph of their face and their open wounds.  The medical team uses these photos to mark improvement.
I also had my video camera with me so I was able to capture the personalities of these patients.  They really are amazing people.  Even though I didn’t exchange words with any of them I feel I saw their personality.  I made a video today about the Leprosy Patients.  Over the 3 weeks I have been here I brought my camera and video camera each time I visited a Colony.  It was so fun creating an image of what Rising Star Outreach does for these colonies.  Tomorrow is my last full day here in India!  I’m sad to see it end but ready to see my family again and take what I can from India and make my world better.
My objective as a Volunteer for Rising Star was to capture the “Spirit” of what goes on here.  I carried my camera everywhere I went for the past 20 days!  I have taken close to 3500 photos and hours of video footage.  I was never empty handed while I was here.  I wanted to be ready for anything and everything.  My camera is heavy, I’ll be happy to set it down when I get home.
I’m excited to use my photos and videos to help Rising Star.  Tomorrow I will show the movies I have created to all the Volunteers.  You get the Primer showing now! :)

Here are the faces of the people I photographed today. 

                          





No comments:

Post a Comment