Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dance


At Rising Star we have a Volunteer, Samantha Yu, who teaches Life Dance from an organization called:   
teaching life skills through training in the performing arts to impoverished youth worldwide; breaking the cycle of poverty by inspiring change from within.
Yesterday, I sat in on one of her classes with the Rising Star kids and was so impressed.
I had my video camera with me so I took the freedom of “capturing” her class in action.
It was so moving to see these kids dance with her.  All of these kids come from terrible living conditions.  A lot of them have parents who are afflicted with Leprosy who live in huts for homes.  Watching them express themselves through dance was so inspiring.
After the class I went to work on making a video.  I loved creating it.  The process was true inspiration.  Never have I worked on a video that fell into place so quickly and easily.
These kids have been blessed by Sam and her service to Rising Star.  I am so glad I witnessed it before she returns to the States. (next week)
For more information on Promethean Spark visit  http://prometheanspark.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment